Saturday, April 17, 2010

Well it is time to get back into it....

Spring is here and although the days are longer... there is still the sense that there is not enough time to do all that I set out to do... but I plug away at each day...doing what it is that God has available for me to accomplish. 

The most exciting addition to the homestead is a small orchard.  We have 10 tree in the ground and two more waiting to go in.  They seem to be doing well and a few even have signs of fruit! That would be a miracle to have fruit the first year!  But nothing is impossible for God:) 

We have also been able to start a small plot of aged horse manure and soil into a raised mound garden.  We have a little bet of every thing. I hope to have a section of blogging about it's progress.  I plan to do some experimental pest resisting flower planting .... different teas...add in pest and of course use goat milk.  Our six goats have been producing sooo much milk (about a gallon a day or more).  I had read that it helps with the soil, creates a barrier from pests and some fungus:) 
We will see what happens...

I have found one thing...that I would already like to expand:) Gardening has been good for the kids and in makes being outside very productive:)

No comments:

Post a Comment