Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back to Blogging...a quick catch up

It has been a few days, but i just haven't been able to sit down long enough to type much. After the blanketing extranvaganza all the horse stayed blanketed,  eating hay trying to stay alive.  With wind-chill of negetive 30 and an average all day temp around 2 or so, we just weren't doing much out side. 

 With all the inside time I was able to make a little blanket for a friend of ours that went back to Cali.  She was here to help her daughter awaiting the birth of their third child.  She ended up being her for about two months.  So whenn it finally came time to depart, a going away momento was in order.  I had everone write her a note on a 4X4 square of fabric with a fabric marker.  I sewed them all on the back side with a contrasting zig- zag stitch.  I embroidered a verse and "We'll Miss you!" on the front.  It turned out really neat and I think it was well recieved:) I wrapped it all up with a couple of mugs I had drawn on as well. 

The weather is "supposed" to be a little warmer so I am hoping to be outside a little with the kiddos, and the horses. We will see what the day will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment