Monday, January 4, 2010

A drive in the ice

We were off to see my mom last nite.  The kiddos and I loaded up in the Dodge and headed out about 4 ish.  It was right in the middle of a little snow flury and the temperature was only 23 so the roads were a little slick.  We arrived safely, with only a few slips and slides.  After an evening of stir fry, various grandma goodies, and putting the little trailer in disaray, we were wondering if I should even attempt to travel home.  It was nearly 8 pm and the temperature was now 19. Brrr...but really not signifigant considering 23 and 19 are both below freezing.  The huz said he would come and get me in the Ford, but we decided I would go ahead and try it myself, if I had trouble by Moody's I would call. To my surprise the conditions were better than when I had arrived.  I took the trip slow... I mean slow... I don't think I went over 35 miles and hour...and there was a section after the trash station I was creeping along at 7 or 10 miles per hour:)... and it was a good hour before I reached my destination, but God blessed the journey. Sara and Moomoo naped through the excitement and Bowen kept the conversation going:). Winter in Oklahoma...what's next:)

1 comment:

  1. I wondered what you were doing leaving so late in the afternoon yesterday on such a cold day ;). Praise the Lord for getting you back safely.

    ReplyDelete